Sunday, June 19, 2011

Report from Bro. Arumugam

Dear Bro Chia and others
I am indeed fortunate to have participated in the course and retreat under the guidance of Sis Gin. For the 2 days my mind was filled with awareness I felt a sense of spirituality. However, this state did not last long after the retreat when I returned to the “other world”-of family, friends, work, social needs etc. I certainly felt that my mind was being “tamed” during the retreat and I did have some new experiences too which I am happy to share with others. I experienced itchy sensations all over my face on day 2, it did not happen on day 1. During walking meditation, for a split moment (3 seconds or so), I could not sense my being, as though I was walking in space. The sitting meditation was good for a while but often sleepiness creeps in and undermined my effort. On day 1, I had severe discomfort around my knee area that made me restless after 15-20 minutes. However, this pain disappeared the next day and I could sit for more than 35 minutes. I also felt tingling sensations on my fingers during the walking meditation. I thought this was really a good achievement. I think my experiences were not much and profound compared to other yogis but I thank my good kamma for having had the opportunity to learn and experience Vipassana meditation.
Sis Gin has given the simple steps and knowledge about this wonderful meditation technique. I am indebted to her (Sis Gin). I also would like to thank Sis Foo and all her helpers as well. Thanks for enabling me to take the first step to learn Vipassana meditation.. As a Hindu, I was taught to respect the Lord Buddha so getting into Buddhism and its teaching is nothing surprising. I feel fortunate to receive Lord Buddha’s teaching and principles. I will not stop here but will definitely take all opportunities to participate in such retreats again.
“Sadhu” 3x.
Dr. GS Arumugam

No comments:

Post a Comment